>At the organic market, the berries were plentiful and fragrant. They jumped in my basket and came home with me.
1 2/3 cups flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons powdered sugar
1/2 cup chilled unsalted butter, cut into pieces
2 large egg yolks
2 tablespoons cold water
3 tablespoons apricot jam
Mix flour, salt and powdered sugar in food processor. Add butter and cut in using on/off turns until mixture resembles coarse meal.
Add egg yolks and process briefly to blend. Add enough water by tablespoonfuls until mixture forms moist clumps. Gather dough into ball; flatten into disk.
Wrap in plastic and refrigerate 30 minutes.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Roll out dough on lightly floured surface to 12 inch diameter round. Transfer to 9inch diameter tart pan with removable bottom. Trim crust overhang to 1/4-inch. Fold overhang in, creating double thick sides.
Freeze crust 15 minutes. Line crust with foil. Fill with dried beans or pie weights.
Bake until sides are set, about 20 minutes. Remove foil and beans. Bake crust until golden brown, piercing with fork if bubbles form, about 15 minutes. Transfer pan to rack. Brush crust with the apricot jam while it’s warm. Cool completely.
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese (about 8 ounces), room temperature
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream, chilled
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 3/4 cup strawberries, sliced and or quartered
- 1 pint raspberries
- 1 pint blueberries
- Mix the mascarpone, sugar, vanilla and whip cream gently with a whisk, not too much, just until its creamy and smooth. Spread into cooled crust evenly, then grate the lemon rind over the filling.
- Arrange the berries in a beautiful pattern that looks pretty to you. Chill and serve same day for best results. Enjoy !